----google webmaster verify----- imagos quo vita: Do you see what I see?

Monday, April 27, 2009

Do you see what I see?

This weekend I was reminded that monitors vary wildly and produce very different colour saturation levels as well as different exposure levels for images depending on calibration and use of brightness controls.     I seldom use a laptop for photo work, but when I do, my brightness is cranked up because of the lighting conditions around laptop displays.

When producing high-key and low-key work for online consuption...  there's a big problem in conveying the intended exposures.

I use an LG 30" S-IPS monitor Spyder calibrated every 60 days in a controlled light room.  When viewing from another place, I first check  http://www.displaycalibration.com/brightness_contrast.html

A simple way to check colours in a pinch is the M&Ms test.




No comments:

 
---error 404 widget------ -----------Google Analytics Script--(in)------------- -----------Google Analytics Script--(out)------------